Compost tea Recipe (The Best Compost Tea Recipe on the Web!)
“Secret” Compost Tea Recipe
- Start with a clean Five-Gallon Bucket
- Place Five-Gallon Paint Strainer in the bucket attaching the elastic band around the top (this will form a “liner” for the inside of the bucket)
- Place one shovel or 3 heaping handfuls of Grandma’s Z's Compost inside the strainer
- Place two heaping handfuls of Alfalfa Pellets inside the strainer
- Add 16 ounces (2 cups) of Zamzows Thrive to the mixture
- Tie the string or wire around the top of the Paint Strainer so the “tea bag” is closed at the top and the contents can't fall out.
- Fill bucket ¾ to the top with fresh water from the hose – the water will turn brown…you are now starting to brew your tea!
- Add One Cup of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to the mixture (to keep it from going bad)
- Place Bucket in the HOT sun for 3 days “brewing” time. Lift up the tea bag and move it around a bit, at least once per day. After 3 days your tea is ready to apply!
- Remove the tea bag from the bucket and let the contents inside dry.
- Then apply the “dry” compost material from the tea bag around the base of plants.
- Use the liquid compost “tea” in the bucket immediately; compost tea will not last long and is best used immediately after it’s “brewed.”
- Apply compost tea liberally at the rate of 2-4 cups per plant every 7-10 days throughout the growing season.
- Sit back and be amazed as your plants grow strong and healthy!